B83 3rd Floor Lab renovations
- National Energy Technology Laboratory
- Pittsburgh, PA
This Design Build project was one of three separate contracts for Building 83 that were awarded to renovate three floors of a circa 1950’s laboratory building into a state-of-the-art office and laboratory building that meets or exceeds LEED Gold standards.
The $5.6 million project included the complete renovation of third floor laboratory space into five (5) new state of the art laboratories plus new conference space, kitchen area, office space and student areas. Additionally, the existing mechanical penthouse was evacuated and de-commissioned. This project was completed in May 2011.
IRS Enterprise Computing Center
- General Services Administration
- Kearneysville, WV
FSS is providing General Construction Services for the renovations of main building areas on multiple floors to accommodate the relocation / consolidation of employees at the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) Enterprise Computing Center (ECC), located in Kearneysville, WV.
This renovation and consolidation project’s scope of work consists of several major elements:
- Demolition and new construction
- Raised access flooring and interior finishes
- Mechanical work
- Fire protection work
- Telecommunication / security work
- A/V work
- Electrical work
- Site work
DOC A Phase 2 Fit-Out
- General Services Administration
- St. Elizabeth’s West Campus, Washington, DC
FSS is providing General Construction Services for the renovation to the U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters Building in St. Elizabeths West Campus. The West Campus is a 176 acre National Historic Landmark that includes 61 existing buildings.
This renovation totals 181,337 sq. ft. Work includes construction of office space to consolidate headquarters and an operations Center, conference rooms and amenity spaces.
NASA Wallops Fire Station
- NASA Goddard Space Flight Facility
- Wallops Flight Facility, VA
FSS is the prime contractor for the $5.9 million construction of a new fire station and associated site work located at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center/Wallops Flight Facility, VA.
FSS constructed this 16,900 square-foot fire station to comply with LEED Silver Requirements. Scope includes the demolition of existing facilities, installation of a precast concrete pile footing system, miscellaneous site work including asphalt and concrete paving, and construction of storm water retention ponds. This project completes February 2017.
Building 42 Bellwood Club
Location: Richmond, VA
Client: USACE Norfolk District
Award Date: April 2020
Completion Date: December 2021
Original Contract: $3,288,000
FSS is providing General Construction Services for the renovation and repair of the historical Bellwood house. Constructed by Richard A. Gregory ca. 1790, this is a two-story, five-bay wood-frame house with a two-story full-height pedimented portico and wood sash windows with louvered shutters.
Sitting on a 23-acre parcel of land within the 611-acre Defense Supply Center Richmond military installation in Chesterfield County, the property was originally part of a large plantation known as Sheffield, New Oxford and Auburn Chase.
The scope of work includes:
- Interior renovation and repair of the existing building to include new floor, wall, and ceiling finishes
- New HVAC System, plumbing fixtures and lighting
- Replacement of existing and installation of new sprinkler system
- Restoration of wood columns, beams, stair rails, and fireplace surrounds and mantels
- Kitchen renovation
- Modification to the exterior front porch back to its original design
- Removal of existing shingle roof, replacement of damaged roof deck, and installation of new standing seam roof
- Installation of flashing around existing chimneys
- Walls at scullery and near first floor fireplace will be removed and rebuilt
The $3.28 million restoration of Bellwood Manor House at the military supply depot in Richmond, VA has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1978.